In an attempt to keep family and friends up to date on the details of our life here in Fort Worth, I'm joining the blog world. While most of my family will be new to this world, it will hopefully be a successful attempt to include everyone in on the journey of our growing family. Please note (especially to the grammar police) writing and picture taking are not my greatest gifts, so accept this humble attempt at blogging for what it's worth. I love you all; therefore I blog.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

God knew...




This is just one of those weeks where we will bake a few extra chocolate chip cookies. Thank you Lord for creating Nestle and the goodness of a warm, ooey, gooey, crispy and chocolate cookie. They have a tendency to sooth my soul in times of need, and this seems to be one of those weeks. We were due to deliver Glory this week. Just like we said so many times this summer, "time is our best friend and our worst enemy." This pending "due date" has stuck out like a sore thumb on my calendar until someone near and dear to me gave some of the most profound encouragement given throughout our entire journey. My mother-in-law, having gone through child loss as well, said to me that "God knew Glory's due date."
These simple words of "God knew" have provided such comfort and perfect perspective as this week neared. My hope is that our journey and lessons learned would encourage others in times of difficulty, darkness, or despair to cling to the perfect encouragement of God knows.

Thanks to all 3 of you who read this little blog, and please know how thankful I am for those of you who who've prayed, called, or provided sugar in it's best form (let me be clear: this also includes petit fours...). i love you =)

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a post! :) Love hearing your thoughts and have been encouraged by you. And I love that God really did know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison,
    I know how hard this week must be for you. I'm here if you ever need to talk. Sending love and prayers your way.

    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, Ally! What a beautiful post! I've been thinking about you so much this week! I know it's been a rough one for you! Glad to hear you're getting plenty of sweets (the perfect medicine, I think). By the way ... I wanted to wish you a Happy Wedding Anniversary! You married such an amazing guy, and he sure got a fantastic wife in you!

    XOXO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Al,

    Just discovered your sweet little blog and am now a subscriber. I am thankful to God for the comfort you've received and are/will be to others. Love, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that - "God knew". And yes he did and still does. Praying for you and Zeb and sending love from Plano :) I think you have more than 3 readers by the way!!
    Love,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete