In an attempt to keep family and friends up to date on the details of our life here in Fort Worth, I'm joining the blog world. While most of my family will be new to this world, it will hopefully be a successful attempt to include everyone in on the journey of our growing family. Please note (especially to the grammar police) writing and picture taking are not my greatest gifts, so accept this humble attempt at blogging for what it's worth. I love you all; therefore I blog.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

28 weeks - part 2 - It's time...

Thursday afternoon August 13th
After a full day on the couch with some peculiar but consistent fluid and cramps, I finally called the Midwife to see if she could tell me what was going on. Looking back it was obvious my water had broken, and I was experiencing contractions for the first time in my life. However, I'm a rookie, and I hadn't a clue. At 4pm I called Zeb to come home to tell him, "it was time." The Midwife had instructed me to come to the hospital, because I was likely in labor.


Zeb emailed this message out early Friday morning August 14th.

Dear Family,

Glory went home to be with her Lord this morning at 4:05.

Allison is resting well at Baylor All Saints after about 10 hours of labor.

She mentioned you all shortly after giving birth and wanted me to convey our thanks for what you have done for us.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21

Love,

Zeb & Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment